Monday, February 17, 2014

Tagliatelle in Gorgonzola Sauce


Ok so this is very similar to a recipe I have already tried, and I love all the ingredients that make up this dish. It wasn’t bad, the different textures all go together really well, and the flavours compliment each other, my only complaint was that the original recipe had walnuts in it, which I love but mine were really bitter after I had sautéed them, so I didn’t add them to the final recipe. I suspect that, that had more to do with the way I had sautéed them rather than a fault with the recipe, if you decide you want to add the chopped walnuts to this recipe, sweat the walnuts in butter and oil. I would try and peel the skins off as best you can too before adding them to the final dish. Other than that we really enjoyed this recipe.

 

Tagliatelle in Gorgonzola sauce

2tbsp olive oil

1tbsp butter

1-2 garlic cloves, crushed

100g fresh spinach, rinsed and stems removed

200ml cream

Salt and black pepper

Nutmeg

400g Tagliatelle

120g gorgonzola, crumbled

  1. Put the oil and butter into a hot skillet and cook the garlic for a couple of minutes, then add the spinach and cook for a couple of minutes, just to wilt it.
  2. Stir in the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper and the nutmeg. If you are using nutmeg for the first time I would suggest careful seasoning, a little at a time, you can always add more but you can’t take it out once it’s in there. Season and taste!
  3. Cook the Tagliatelle according to the package directions, then drain and return to the pan adding the creamy sauce and spinach mixture, toss to coat the pasta.
  4. Just before serving add the gorgonzola and toss again to incorporate and allow it to melt a little, then serve.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment