Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lemon Bars


 I love the lemon filling in lemon meringue pie, I think it’s the combination something sweet and tart all together. I like those sour sweets as well; the ones that make you purse your lips and squint, your eyes. When I found this recipe for that reason alone I knew I was onto a winner. The thing I love about bars is that they are so easy to make, easy to eat and delicious too. The ones in the photo aren’t that photogenic, hahahaha! I was still in the process of trying to bake and getting it right the aesthetics weren’t a top priority on my agenda, but I have posted the picture anyway, because if you are anything like me, you’ll be your worst critic and I wanted to show a true representation of my baking… Or lack thereof.

 



Lemon Bars

1 cup plain flour (all-purpose)

½ cup butter, softened

½ cup icing sugar (confectioners’)

Filling

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

2tbsp plain flour (all-purpose)

2tbsp lemon juice

1tsp grated lemon peel

Extra icing sugar (confectioners’)

  1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter and icing sugar, gently press down into a ungreased 8” square baking pan and bake at 180˚C/350˚F for 20 minutes.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and peel, whisk until frothy and then pour it over the baked base and return to the oven, until it is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack then dust with icing sugar and cut into bars.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment