Thursday, April 3, 2014

Muffuletto Sandwiches


I love sandwiches, but I try to avoid eating too much bread because it seems to be one of those ingredients that will insist, on going straight to my hips. Every now and again though I like to eat a big sandwich fully loaded with amazing fillings, this one is no exception. The meat, cheese and then the pickle just work really fabulously together. For a sandwich this was a little time consuming and fiddly, to me a sandwich is a quick meal, something slapped together when time is of the essence, however even with my sandwich mind set, this is definitely worth the effort in my opinion.   

Muffuletto Sandwich

For the olive pickle

1 garlic clove

1 canned/jarred sweet red pepper, drained and finely chopped

75g stoned green olives, chopped

2tbsp cocktail onions, roughly chopped

2 tsp capers, drained and chopped

3 tbsp olive oil

2tsp red wine vinegar

For the sandwich

1 large French loaf

4 thin slices of parma ham

50g cheddar and emmental cheese

50g black pepper, coated salami

  1. Mix together all the ingredients for the olive pickle and then place in the fridge.
  2. Next halve the French loaf, length ways. Layer the sandwich filling parma ham first, then the cheese followed by the salami.
  3. Finally top the sandwich with the olive pickle before you close it.

No comments:

Post a Comment