Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tuna wrapped in Herbs


I think we all have our demons, past experiences that shape the way we live our lives, or see potential friends and partners. Much of the way I live my life today has vastly been influenced by my past, which is ultimately where my cooking obsession has come from. For as long as I can remember, cooking has always been something I enjoyed and had a passion for and ultimately when push comes to shove, given the right opportunity I am quite good at it. I have cooked hundreds of dishes over the past five years. Some very similar to one another and some that are in my book, which was very limited, quite out there. I like easy recipes, ones which can be produced in minutes, for those really busy days, when even the biggest cooking enthusiast just can’t be bothered to spend what seems an age, cooking, chopping, peeling, mixing, blending, rolling, bashing, chilling, simmering or baking, those lack lustre days when the mere thought of moving your baby finger feels like it is the most exhausting task known to man. Most of the time though, I love to do recipes like this one, it’s certainly one that I wouldn’t have been able to do until Glen. It’s a real shame really because I am able to turn out almost anything I try my hand at, and it seems a travesty now to have missed out on so many delicious dishes.

Tuna can be cooked and eaten like you would your steak, personally I prefer mine to be cooked through, but it is exactly like a steak (although I like my steak to be medium rare) down to your personal choice.

Tuna Wrapped in Herbs

250g tuna fillet

Pepper

1tbsp extra virgin olive oil

4tbsp parsley

4tbsp chopped chervil

  1. Season the tuna with salt and pepper. Tear off a piece of foil big enough to encase the tuna with enough extra so that you can twist the ends (so that it looks a bit like a Christmas cracker)
  2. Brush the extra virgin olive oil over the foil, just the bit that will touch the fish, scatter over the herbs, then roll your Tuna in the herbs to coat.
  3. Roll your herb-coated Tuna tightly in the foil, next bake it at about 180˚C/350˚F, for about 15-20 minutes.
     
    Serve with your favourite vegetables and buttered new potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment