Friday, May 11, 2012

Apple-Brie Spinach Salad with Avocado

I served this as a side dish with ribs. I really liked the warm dressing that went with it, it added a little extra depth and contrast, to an already interesting and varied salad.

I suppose I got a little excited because there wasn’t anyone saying I couldn’t. The original recipe didn’t have avocado in it, but I did because I love it, so I put it in. Glen would have preferred it with out – but you see that was part of my cunning plan……. MORE FOR ME!!!!!!!

Apple-Brie Spinach Salad with Avocado

1 Avocado, cubed
4 Large Apples, cut in 1/2 inch wedges
4 Tbsp Maple syrup - Divided
8 cups fresh baby spinach
1 8-oz Brie Cubed
1/2 cup Toasted walnuts pieces

For the dressing

1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced

1. Place apples on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with 2 tbsp of syrup. Grill 3-4" from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining syrup. Grill for 3-5 minutes longer or until crisp - tender

2. In a large salad bowl, carefully toss the avocado, spinach, cheese, walnuts and apples. In a small saucepan combine all the dressing ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over the salad and toss again to coat and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment