Tuesday, May 1, 2012


I’m not sure where this ‘diet’ is going to lead me? I love food and I love cooking – I’m certain that I will get as much fun out of the cooking part and eating as I normally do – after all it’s just a bunch of different ingredients prepared and cooked as you would anything else, just in a healthier way – but, I’ve just started to have a couple of TRUE successes with baking. I have no idea where that is going to fit in with our diet??

I’ve also come to the conclusion that I am using the word diet quite loosely as it’s more of a life style change – a permanent change to our eating habits. We’re in agreement my husband and I, that this is what we need, a positive change and outlook on life. Not that we eat badly or anything, just not enough of the good stuff.

So this is what my week has been like so far, I’ve skipped breakfast, mostly because it’s too early for me to eat, before work and also because of my medication, which has been increased by the way. My husband will have a small bowl of special K with semi-skimmed milk or two slices of toast, sometimes with scrambled egg.

By 1030 I’m starving, like tummy growling at me type hungry, so lunch at midday is a welcome treat, I normally have a really small portion of chips/fries, not very healthy I realise, but it genuinely is a really small portion, and with it I’ll have an equally small portion of coleslaw, and some lettuce. If I do have a snack before lunch, I have a portion of fruit. My husband has a portion of fruit, yogurt and a chocolate bar and sometimes a sandwich.

Dinner for the last week or so has been even less adventurous, with a green leafed mixed salad and a small portion of either coleslaw or potato salad, and then we have had either, chicken, fish or some other type of lean meat with it. It seems to be working so far.

My start weight on the 24.04.12 was 77.3kg – I now weigh 75.6kg a loss of 1.7kg.

Husband’s start weight on the 24.04.12 was 87.1kg – He hasn’t had a loss this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment