Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kassler Bake

Sometimes I get some really peculiar ideas. I had some left over kassler from the night before and I always buy vaccum packed bags of grated cheese - makes for quick dinners like mac 'n' cheese, stuffed chicken breast or sprinkled over a pasta bake, the options are limitless. I whipped up a cheese sauce, cooked some pasta according to directions, drained it and put it into a casserole dish, along with the kassler, a small can of sweetcorn because my husband still doesn't like the devils food, poured on the cheese sauce and topped it off with some grated cheese..... Voila another pasta bake.

I don't have a picture of this one for some reason...

Kassler is popular in Germany, Poland and Denmark usually cut from the neck or loin although other cuts maybe used as well including the ribs. It's salt cured and smoked... similar to gammon/ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment