Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Stir Fried Duck

I have made that many stirfry's now that they just come second nature to me. Now I can grab a bunch of stuff off the shelf and out of the fridge, throw it all together and in about 10-15 minutes have a really tasty meal thrown together, it takes longer to cook the egg noodles than it does to do the stirfry! I came up with this one because I had leftover duck and hoisin sauce, throw in some veggies and easy peasy, you have a stirfry, and tasty too. I have started getting more adventurous with ingredients for the sauce, hoisin, blackbean....etc. baby steps though, it's all about baby steps..

Stir fried Duck

1 tbsp olive oil
1 cooked duck breast - shredded
2 handfuls savoy cabbage and leeks
1 scallion roughly chopped
1 handful mange tout
2 portions chinese egg noodles
hoisin sauce

1. Heat a large skillet, add the olive oil, when hot add the duck.

2. Meanwhile cook noodles according to package directions

3. Once duck is lightly crisped add all the vegetables, cook for a few minutes and then add the sauce and the noodles, stirfry for a further two minutes and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment