Thursday, February 14, 2013

Steak with Garlic Butter

When my daughter comes to stay I cook a plethora of different things, so far creamy chicken penne is her favourite, but I try to make everything fresh, varied and different to what she is used to. Somethings are too late to change but I can show her when she comes to stay with us that there are other, less limited ways to live. This next recipe is in the "Please don't make it again Mummy" pile, I'm fine with that, I only ever ask them to eat what's on their plate and if they don't like it I won't make it again, I get annoyed when someone looks at food and won't even try it, or puts it in their mouth in a half ditch attempt to 'try' it and then spits it out. I don't believe that one tiny, itsy, bitsy bite is enough to know if you like something or not, especially when you are a child with a limited pallette. I read somewhere that you can train yourself to like something, that 30 bites is enough to change your tastebuds. As such my rule is eat everything on your plate, if it is still gag worthy when you are finished I won't make it again. I don't think you can get a fairer compromise than that? Glen and I love this dish.



Steak With Garlic Butter
 
 
1/2 cup butter
2tsp garlic powder
4 garlic cloves minced
4lbs beef sirloin steak
salt and pepper to taste
 
1. If you are cooking the steaks on the barbecue then preheat it on a high heat, or preheat your indoor grill such as a George Foreman grill, you could also use a griddle/skillet.
 
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter over a medium low heat, with the garlic powder and minced garlic, then set to one side.
 
3. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and cook them until they are cooked to your taste, transfer them to warmed plates and drizzle the garlic butter over the tops, allowing to rest for a few minutes before serving.
 
 
This is not meant to be a healthy dish so be liberal with the garlic butter!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment