Sunday, April 8, 2012

For a change, not about food, no recipe, no pictures just a little honesty


In each of my blogs, I pretty much for the most part harp on about a recipe that I have tried and tested, I suppose in one way, the point I am trying to make is that I am a very inexperienced cook, and that if I can do it, anyone can. I keep saying it, and I recently blogged about, my latest, editions to my cookbook collection, and how you can learn so much about cooking by reading books, I am definitely a self taught cook through reading, I have read all of mine, just about 90 last count, but I have also borrowed books from friends and the library. This said I am considering, at my husbands suggestion, enrolling in some cookery classes when we get settled in England, something about baking still just doesn’t happen for me, and despite all my reading and practicing, I just can’t seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I need someone to teach me I think, physically show me where I am going wrong and then put me on the right track. I did manage to make hot crossed buns yesterday, how I pulled it off I have no idea, it took me hours and a lot of patience, but I got there in the end!

To be honest I have no idea really where this blog is going, I normally have everything written out by hand first, and then start to type up my blog in word and eventually it works it’s way over here, and gets posted after some tinkering. I still haven’t figured out how to add loads of pictures yet, or how to make it look the way I would like it to, so I tend to fiddle until it looks acceptable and leave it, patience isn’t one of my strong points, I am very much, a want it, do it now sort of woman, I hate dawdlers, if you’re going to do something, do it. Don’t, dilly dally. Well that’s me anyway, and thinking about it, it’s probably why my baking leaves a lot to be desired.

My husband has 15 working days left or so, and then the fun/stress begins, searching for a home and work, I feel somehow like I have slowed down slightly, maybe it’s my way of getting ready, saving energy for the massive upheaval that’s about to come towards us, how do you explain that? Excited, trepidation perhaps? We have a plan, some of it a little bit of a pipe dream maybe, but we all need dreams. Where does that leave me in the meantime though? I feel lazy, I can’t be bothered with anything, I have little motivation to do anything, work is a pain, I hate going, I think Glen is struggling more and more to get me out of bed in the morning and it was a fight before I hated going. The morning routine normally goes something along the lines of, husband gets up, goes down stairs, 30 minutes later comes upstairs, drags me out of bed by my feet, goes back downstairs and waits for me to finish in the shower, eventually when I am finished in the bathroom and there is no hot water left, he comes back upstairs to normally find me sat on the end of the bed staring into my sock/underwear drawer…… Lately, he has found me curled up at the bottom of the bed trying to catch a few extra Zzzzzz’s. I’m a stay in bed till noon type of gal, then lounge around till 1500, do my chores cook dinner and then relax, reading, writing and watching a little T.V maybe, till 3 or 4am, ideally. However, alas, this is not the life I meant to lead, otherwise I would have won the lottery, instead I have to work, which means getting up at 7am, if I am lucky enough not to be dragged out of bed before then, get home at around 1645, and with my attitude of late, do nothing because I can’t be bothered!

If it’s true what they say about “Admitting you have a problem,” maybe I am now on the way to recovering, my get up and go, but I doubt it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment