Saturday, April 14, 2012

Corned Beef Casserole


Personally, I am not a huge fan of corned beef, but my husband enjoys it, and I do try to cook things that he enjoys once or twice a month – I also look for different ways in which to cook it, corned beef hash, and sandwiches are the more popular ways of using this ingredient – but I wanted to try something different in to hope that maybe I might enjoy corned beef, for a change…. To be fair it wasn’t too bad.

Corned Beef Casserole

5 cups uncooked egg noodles
2 cans Sauerkraut
2 cans condensed chicken soup
¾ cup milk
½ cup chopped onion
3 tbsp mustard
1 tin corned beef, chopped
2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
2 slices bread, made into breadcrumbs
2 tbsp butter melted

1. Cook the noodles according to package directions. While the noodles are cooking,  mix together the sauerkraut, soup, milk onion and mustard.

2. Drain noodles and stir into the sauerkraut mixture. Transfer to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with corned beef and cheese.

3. Toss the breadcrumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.

4. Bake uncovered, at 350°F/180°C for 40-45 minutes or until casserole is bubbly.

Servings: 5




No comments:

Post a Comment