We are now moving on to my
experience. It’s been a
little challenging to say the least – certain ingredients have been a nightmare
to get hold of. If I have been able to get the ingredients, I have been paying
over the odds for them. Failing that I have been substituting like mad with
genuinely unsuitable products, for the recipes. The upside is that I am making
it work – therefore this is a positive thing. Germany
1kg lamb1 large garlic clove, sliced
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp savory
Salt and pepper to taste
8 large potatoes, peeled and halved
450ml lamb and chicken stock
2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C.
- Place the lamb in a fairly large casserole dish. Sprinkle the garlic slivers, herbs, salt and pepper, over the lamb.
- Place the potatoes around the lamb and season a little, then pour the stock around the lamb.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 3 ½ hours or until the lamb is tender. Prep and make your sides during this time.
- Move the meat and potatoes to a serving plate. Pour the meaty juices into a saucepan and cook quickly until the liquid has reduced. Serve the juices over the meat, potatoes and chosen sides.