Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chocolate Mint Cookies

These are nice, as with most kitchen mishaps with me, it’s normally due to not reading the recipe all the way through before I begin – lesson you’ve learnt here? Don’t be like me – read it all the way through first. Mine ended up an odd shape because I rolled it into a log first, then chilled it in the fridge. Then I cut them which squashed the dough making them an odd shape…

Do you remember the episode of Friends, it’s Thanksgiving and Monica allows Rachel to make the dessert? Rachel ends up making trifle and Shepherds Pie because the two recipes got stuck together and she was reading and following both recipes, this is sort of what happened to me, because I hadn’t read the recipe first I made the mistake of mixing two cookie recipes together…. Ooops, to be honest silly mistakes like that are the least of my problems when I am baking.


Chocolate Mint Cookies

6 tbsp butter
1 ½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp water
2 cups semisweet choc chips
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cup flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

For the filling

2 ½ cups icing sugar
¼ cup butter
3 tbsp milk
½ tsp mint extract

  1. In a saucepan, add the butter, brown sugar, water and chocolate chips. Stir over a low heat until all the chips have melted. Than allow to cool.
  2. In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla together, then add to the cooled chocolate mixture and stir well to combine. Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt; slowly add the chocolate mixture and stir well again to combine. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking trays.
  3. Bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for about 10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
  4. Mix together the filling ingredients until smooth, spread onto half of the cookies and then top with the other remaining cookies.


2 comments:

  1. 2 of my favorite flavors right there... Chocolate and mint yummy!!! Sometimes cooking mistakes have the best results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chocolate and mint too, I love Mint Aero Bubbles... Yum!!! I seem to make some kind of mistake whenever I am cooking, normally it doesn't matter..... I still have no idea what it is I am doing wrong when I bake, however I am positive I will work it out eventually!

      Delete