Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Scotch Eggs! Pffft..... I got scuppered....


I feel this undeniable urge to blog everyday, I need to write, although at times, in particular today I don’t always know what to say! This is why my blogs are planned and written by hand, ages in advance, I have about 20 already written and ready to go. All recipes that I have tried and enjoyed, over the past two years. I would love to think that all of my blogs are well written and not TOO boring, planning I think is the way forward…. This one has not been planned!

I work in a post office and to be honest, I have enough experience behind me for the job to be easy, and I enjoy it for the most part, sometimes I wish I didn’t have to work, sometimes I just want to stay in bed till noon, do my “Housewife” bit, and then go in the kitchen and do what I really love, COOK! However I do have to work, like a lot of us these days I can’t afford to be “Just” a housewife, as much as that appeals to me. Today I had an issue which threw me, nothing major just a slight annoyance with a customer, but it left me with long term feeling of irritation, I take forever to come down off my high horse when I get angry.

I got home to yet more son drama, although I am not sure what it was this time, from what I can tell, it was about homework, he didn’t want to do, so yet again, depending on whose story you believe, he bunked off school, he says that the woman who is meant to help, sat whistling in the class room, while he was in detention and then gave him the thumbs down sign when he asked for help. Who knows who is telling the truth; I am giving my son the benefit of the doubt and siding with him, despite my better judgement.

After my son issues I decided to calm down, by cooking a new J.O recipe, scotch eggs, my first mistake was that I over boiled the eggs, they are meant to be running and mine were hard, mostly due to the fact, I lost track of time yakking to my mother, about Alexander, my son. Never mind, this is a minor mistake in the grand scheme of things. Next I carefully wrapped the eggs in sausage meat, rolled them in flour and then dipped them in beaten egg, and followed that up by rolling them in breadcrumbs, slightly on the large side, however served with a crisp green salad, tossed with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, it should have made the perfect supper. However, I only made two and I cut one to see if it was cooked properly (they have to be deep fat fried, which I hate doing it stinks) the first one wasn’t, but only just, so I left the other one in a little longer, then removed it, cut it open and it too wasn’t cooked, wasted not one but two, I am convinced if they had been cooked through, they would have been delicious. The breaded coating was perfect and the yolk was a nice orangey colour, just the sausage meat was in places still raw…. Boo hiss, husband ended up with Tuna Salad, it took me 3 hours to regain my appetite and then I had scrambled egg and a slice of toast…

To add insult to injury, my husband whupped my rear end yet again at scrabble, I love that game….. Love of words coming out there maybe? However it’s not much fun when he ALWAYS wins! NEXT TIME it’s my turn to win, watch this space (I have been saying this all week, I am still yet to win)

No comments:

Post a Comment