Sunday, March 25, 2012

Penis Pie?????


Ok so the “Proof is in the pudding” as they say, my husband and I, are at times incredibly childish – Ok I’m fibbing a little, we are childish most of the time, of course I am more, of a grown up than him (I am trying to save face here slightly,) I encourage his behaviour, usually by being bent over double in hysterics – age old adage, “Stop laughing at him, you’ll just encourage him,” springs to mind here. Renamed Penis Potpie, for obvious reasons – when he asked if he was allowed to ‘decorate’ it, I didn’t realise this was what he had in mind, considering he is my husband I should have known better. This is actually supposed to be Creamy Pork Potpie and is really quite good, regardless of all the jokes.

Creamy Pork Potpie

½ cup all-purpose flour
450 ml chicken stock
150 ml milk
2 ½ cups cubed cooked bacon
2 ½ cups frozen vegetables
1 ½ cups shredded cheese (I used gouda, but any favourite hard cheese will work)
½ tsp seasoned salt
Dash pepper
1 sheet frozen pastry (because I still can’t make my own)
1 lightly beaten egg

  1. In a jug, mix together the flour and the milk, until combined. In a large saucepan, add the broth and the milk, bring to a boil, stirring until thickened, it should take about 2 minutes.
  2. Add the bacon chunks, vegetables and the cheese, season and heat through. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
  3. Lightly flour your surface and roll out the pastry into a big enough, rectangle to fit your baking dish. Place over your filling and brush with the egg.
  4. Bake uncovered, at 220˚C (425˚F) for about 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Let it stand for a few minutes before serving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment