Although the title implies that these are snickerdoodles, that’s not actually the case, I guess you could say that is false advertising in that case. Proper snickerdoodles are cookies coated in a cinnamon and sugar, and not actually anything to do with snickers (candies) chocolate bars… So now that I have cleared that little bit up, here is my recipe for the fake Snickerdoodles.
2 cups softened butter
2 cups peanut butter
2 cups white caster sugar
2 cups brown caster sugar
4tsps vanilla extract
6 cups plain flour
2tps baking powder
2 snickers each cut into 12 chunks
½ cup sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 190˚C/375˚F, line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Beat in the butter, peanut butter and sugars in a large bowl until well combined and creamy, beat the eggs and the vanilla extract.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, then add a bit at a time to the butter mixture, until it is well incorporated and you have a smooth dough.
- Using about a ¼ cup for each cookie, make them into balls forming them around a snicker chunk. Then sprinkle each cookie with sugar
- Bake until browned a little around the edges, about 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly and the move to a wire rack.