Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Thanksgiving Cookies



I am not really sure what it was about this recipe that appealed to me, maybe it was the name? I certainly miss America, it holds good memories for me, it was the place I came into my own and will always be home for me. I guess it was for that reason. I may have also picked it out because of the white chocolate and dried fruit combination. Either way, whether it be because of my deep rooted love affair with the U.S or my penchant for white chocolate and dried fruit, these cookies are definitely scrummy.


Thanksgiving Cookies


225g softened butter
140g caster sugar (super fine)
1 lightly beaten egg yolk
2 tsp orange juice
280g plain flour
Pinch of salt
110g mixed dried fruit (your choice)
25g white chocolate bits
  1. Preheat your oven to 190˚C/375˚F. Line two baking sheets with baking paper. Put the butter into a bowl or mixer and beat with the sugar until light and fluffy, slowly add and incorporate the egg yolk and orange juice, then beat well to combine.
  2. Sift the flour and salt into the mixture and then add the mixed fruit and white chocolate bits, stirring well to mix all the ingredients together.
  3. Using a tablespoon, dollop the dough onto the lined baking sheets, space them quite a bit apart because they will spread, then bake until they are a light golden colour. I like to watch mine to see when they are done, but it should take about 10-15 minutes.
  4. They will still be soft slightly when you take them out of the oven at first, so leave them on the baking trays to cool slightly and then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment