Monday, February 17, 2014

Six Layer Bars


My husband, Glen, was working for a company in an office, doing something with computers, I still don’t know what that was. He would come home every night and tell me what he was doing but it was too much for my little no technical brain to compute, and I am still at that stage where it matters to me if I look stupid, fat, ugly and if my legs aren’t shaved. To be perfectly honest I can’t stand the thought of being any less than perfect in the eyes of my husband, or at least what I perceive that to be, which is the best I can be, which is to be honest tantamount to exhaustion at times. However I digress, he worked in an office full of men with very sweet teeth, which gave me the opportunity to try out new sweet recipes, cakes, cookies and bars regularly went with him to work and got shared out. This is a rather moreish recipe but was hardly six layers, it was more like seven ingredients because by the time I had finished apart from the graham cracker crust all the other ingredients were mixed up anyway.

Six Layer Bars

1 ½ cups digestive biscuit crumbs (graham cracker)

½ cup melted butter

1 can nestle, sweetened condensed milk

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup butterscotch chips

1 ½ flaked coconuts

1 cup chopped nuts

  1. Preheat your over to 180˚C/350˚F. In a small bowl, mix together the biscuit crumbs and butter, press the crumbs into a 13 x 9” lined baking pan.
  2. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the crumbs then layer with the remaining ingredients, pressing firmly down using a fork.
  3. Bake until lightly browned, 25 minutes approximately, then allow to cool and cut into bars. These can be stored at room temperature.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment