Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Little Magazine Gem - Mushroom Ragot with Spatzle

Over the years I have collected hundreds of magazine recipes, just over a year ago now I put them all in those plastic sleeves, seperated them into chapters and filed them. I then indexed each recipe, written totally by hand. I get some freaky satisfaction out of writting by hand, just as each of my blogs is first carefully thought out and written by hand first, then typed up, saved and proof read (normally, not always) before being posted. This is a recipe which came out of one of my German magazines called "Meine Famillie und Ich" I think they have changed the name of the magazine now to Genuss but I'm not 100% sure on that one. 


Mushroom Ragout with Spatzle
 
500g mixed mushrooms
500g button mushrooms
500g spatzle
50g onion
2 tbsp olive oil
bacon bits
2 tbsp creme fraiche
3 tbsp parsley
3 garlic cloves
pepper
 
1. Peel and finely chop the onion and the garlic,  then gently saute them with the bacon bits.
 
2. Add all the mushrooms and saute for a further 10 minutes then season with pepper, parsley and creme fraiche.
 
3.Cook the spatzle for about 3 minutes in boiling water and serve with the ragout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment