Friday, March 1, 2013

Lemony Mushroom Chicken

This is a good chicken recipe for when guests are coming for dinner, in my opinion, it's easy to make and doesn't take too long. It's a little bit special without being too showy. Perfect for a midweek invite, with a bottle of chardonnay? Now don't get me wrong, I am no wine connoisseur and I don't like chardonnay - much more of a reisling girl myself, a German wine from the Rhein region, I much prefer the semi-sweet flowery, fruity aroma'd wine, again this is my choice and I'd drink it with anything, the ignoramus that I am. Nope in all honesty I used google and my 'dated' wine book, which is actually a folder, but not a bad read, to find out what kind of wine would work best with this dish. Chardonnay was the answer, headache juice for me.

 
Lemony Mushroom Chicken
 
 
1 cup of plain flour (all-purpose)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp dried basil
1tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 garlic glove finely minced
4 chicken breast halves
1/2 cup butter
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1cup (250ml) chicken broth
1/4 cup (about 65ml) white wine
Juice of one lemon plus the zest
1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2tbsp capers
 
1. In a bowl combine the first seven ingredients, then roll your chicken breasts in the mixture, using your hands pat off any excess mixture.
 
2. In a large skillet/frying pan (it needs a lid as you are going to cover it later) melt the butter over a medium heat and saute the chicken for about 10 minutes, you want it so that it is no longer translucent.
 
3. In another bowl mix together the mushroom soup, broth, wine and the lemon juice and then pour over the chicken, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with the parsley, capers and lemon zest.


No comments:

Post a Comment