Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chicken Pasta Greek Style

I am one of those weird people that loves antipasto type foods, artichoke hearts, olives, feta, sun dried tomatoes, any of those sorts of foods get my taste buds going and an intense urge to pick takes control - it's a wonder any of it made it as far as the recipe. With all of my favourite things this was always going to be a winner for me - my poor husband on the other hand, hates artichokes and isn't a fan of olives, as for feta and sun dried tomatoes, he doesn't mind either way. Oh well, this is what I wanted to make, rather selfishly I suppose.... Maybe he won't notice the artichoke and olives if I don't tell him they are in there? Yeah right, the poor man spent  more time fishing out the artichokes than eating it. At least I didn't put the devils food in it as well (sweetcorn) that really would have been incredibly cruel. Although amusing for me.

Chicken Pasta Greek Style 
 
2 cups uncooked penne pasta
1/4 cup cubed butter
1 large roughly chopped onion
1 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken stock
3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 cup crumbled fete cheese
1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
1/3 cup sliced Greek olives
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
 
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Melt the butter in a large oven proof skillet, saute the onion until tender, stir in the flour and gradually add the stock, bring to a boil continuously stirring until thickened, then stir in the chicken, artichokes, cheese, tomatoes and olives.
 
2. Drain pasta, stir into the chicken mixture, grill/broil for about 5 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top, sprinkle with parsley.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment