Sunday, March 3, 2013

Raviloi

I love fresh raviloi.I buy it in the store because I haven't gotten round to attempting, to make my own, and I am not sure my husband would stretch for a pasta gadget either, it could be one of those gadgets you buy and use once, for that reason all my buys are thought out and considered carefully. So if anyone is wondering what to get me for my birthday, mother, hint, hint, wink, wink! Anyway this is one of those pasta dishes which begs for seconds. Eat it on it's own or make it a little posher with a crisp green leafed salad and some lovely hot crusty bread. However you decide to eat it, it won't let you down.

 
Lovely Ravioli
 
1 packet ravioli
1 cup baby portobello mushrooms
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
2 slices of proscuitto or similar ham
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh chopped sage
1 cup single cream
1/4 cup frozen peas
2 tbsp grated parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
 
1. Cook the pasta according the package directions, in the meantime in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and proscuitto in oil until the vegetables are tender. Add the sage, cook for a minute longer then stir in the cream. Bring to a boil over a medium heat simmer, for about 10 minutes until it has thickened slightly.
 
2. Stir in the peas, cheese salt and papper, and heat through. Drain the pasta and then toss with the sauce making sure to get a good even coating over the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment