Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tarragon and Apple Chicken

Sometimes I'll be going through my recipe books/magazine folders and something will catch my eye and I can almost taste what it will be like, or i'll see the picture with it and think it looks fantastic. I am easilly pleased if it sounds good and looks good or I can imagine the flavours teasing my taste buds, it gets included on that months menu. Chicken is a regular on our dinner table, laps at the moment to be honest, we don't have a dinner table or the room for one. I am always on the look out for new chicken recipes. I have to be careful with the timing though because I only use chicken breast. I have bought chicken thighs, although a slightly pointless exercise really - I can't eat the meat near the bone, which doesn't leave very much I can eat and an awful lot of waste.

 
Tarragon and Apple Roast Chicken
 
 
4 Chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
6 tbsp olive oil
4 tarragon sprigs
10 whole garlic cloves
3 red apples, cored and quartered
2 tbsp cidar vinegar
200 ml chicken stock
 
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C, Place the chicken into a roasting tin, season with salt and pepper and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes. Then add the tarragon, garlic and apples and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, until Golden and cooked through, juices should run clear.
 
2. Remove the chicken from the roasting tin and keep warm, place the roasting tin over a low heat, add the vinegar and the chicken stock, bring to a boil and then pour over the chicken, Garnish with tarragon.


No comments:

Post a Comment