Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chicken and almond sauce

In an earlier blog I mentioned about making sure you read the recipe all the way through before making or even before deciding on making a recipe, just in case you need a piece of equipment, that you don't have, like say a food processor!!!! Which when I made this the first time around I didn't have, I didn't even have a rolling pin.... So I ended up trying to grind up almonds using a mixing bowl and a flat bottomed glass - unfortunately (no surprises there) this idea didn't work out to well. I ended up with toasted almond bits instead of an almond paste........ I would like to say that I had learned my lesson, however this is not the case, as I am sure you will find out. It seems I very rarely learn from my mistakes - husbands excluded....


Chicken With Almond Sauce

1.4 kg chicken breasts cut into strips
2 large onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
50 grams almonds
45 ml evoo
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder
150 ml yogurt
300 ml water

1. Put almonds in a blender with the water (150ml) and work until smooth.

2. Heat the oil and add the onions, garlic and all the spices. Cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time. Add the almond puree and cook for 1-2 minutes, add the chicken and stir to coat in the spices.

3. Lower the heat, then add the yogurt a little bit at a time, followed by the rest of the water. Season with salt and pepper. Lower heat, cover and cook gently for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked.

Servings: 4







No comments:

Post a Comment