Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Lamb

This is another one of my own recipes, I have no idea what it was that inspired me, or whether it was more a case of opening the pantry and thinking oooooooh!! A little of this a splash of that. I very much suspect it was the last one, since that seems to be how I work in the kitchen. All very well but it makes it rather difficult to keep a record of what it is that I am doing.

I was a housewife at the time and very much coming into my own, I suppose I was re-evaluating my life, who I was and what I wanted out of life, and in the meantime spending a huge amount of time in the kitchen, it's a good way to think, whilst doing something productive.

I had discovered the art of clean and easy marinating by using a freezer bag. As far as I was concerned I had reached the cooking level of connoisseur....... Of course I can now, use a freezer bag to marinate, that automatically makes me a connoisseur of food. What else would it mean? At this rate I am going to have my own restaurant and 5 of those star things to boot!! All because of a freezer bag.

Simple Lamb

2 or 3 Lamb Chops or steaks
salt and black pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
1/2 cup evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce

1. Mix together in a freezer bag the evoo, Worchestershire sauce, garlic, dried herbs, salt and pepper.

2. Place the meat in the marinade and leave for a few hours in the fridge.

3. I use a George Foreman type grill, and cook them for about 4-5 mins, depending on the size of the chops/steaks.

I served it in this picture with a pasta bake, but baked potato and salad are a wonderful side with this dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment