Sunday, January 29, 2012

Stuffed Chicken Wrapped In Bacon

Slightly disappointed, this is another recipe I made before it occurred to me to photograph what I make.

I was looking for a chicken recipe, a little more luxurious, than the ones I had already made. The chicken curry I made inspired me, I wanted something creamy - but also cordon bleu-ish, never having made cordon bleu from scratch, I had no idea how to make it.... I loved the creaminess of the cheese and the smokiness from the bacon/ham. I found this recipe and thought it would be perfect for what I had in mind.

It didn't disappoint, herby cream cheese and the smoky saltiness of the bacon complimented the chicken in exactly the way I intended, not to mention the fact I had moved onto a far more fiddly recipe. Several months before I would never have attempted to cut pockets into chicken breasts and here I am with a filleting knife doing exactly that.


Stuffed Chicken Wrapped In Bacon

4oz cream cheese
2 Chicken Breasts
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
4 rashers/slices of bacon
salt and pepper to taste

1. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, salt and pepper and dried herbs.

2. Carefully cut a pocket in each of the chicken breasts. Then stuff the cream cheese into each.

3. Using a spoon, flatten and stretch the bacon, then wrap it tightly around the chicken breast, to seal in the cream cheese.

4. Wrap each one in foil and cook in the oven at about 425°F  for 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment