Saturday, January 28, 2012

Portobello Stuffed Mushrooms and home made lasagne

I think I maybe spreading myself a little thinly, I have course work to do, just helped one of the lads write his wedding vows, more to the point got him to write a list of everything that he wanted to say, then put together a few paragraphs, which he then altered and changed to say what he really meant...... I have a course, I have to go on for work, and been training someone up for his course. Then I've been doing my blog, which I am very proud of..... :o) And I am trying to write out the recipes I have done, I am a little behind with that project but slowly catching up.

Anyway moving on to these recipes.

We love stuffed mushrooms, if we are out to dinner and mushrooms are on the menu we always get a portion to share! We've had them stuffed with all kinds of things, cheese and bacon, spinach and cream cheese, ground beef, which is what inspired my next recipe, which I make if we have lasagne - I always make enough to feed the entire British Army (that's an exaggeration, it in fact is enough for 6 very large portions) I use some of the meat to make the mushrooms and bake them. In much the same way as the lasagne, which I bake at the same time but save for the next day and the next day and the next! Comfort food again at it's absolute best....... With loads of garlic bread to mop up the sauce. Of course at the same time, giving yourself putrid breath, great for keeping       people and vampires at bay. The lasagne recipe is a little loose because I prefer it that way, it should be easy enough to make it a little thicker, it does thicken up the next day though!                                                                                                      


Lasagne
1 Tbsp butter
250 ml sour cream or crème fraiche
500 grams ground beef
1 large onion, diced
200 grams sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Tbsp Evoo
2 Tbsp tomato paste
400 grams grated hard cheese (such as Cheddar)
200 ml milk
8 lasagna noodles
2 tsp corn flour
200 ml Vegetable stock
2 Tbsp Bisto Gravy Granules
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 garlic clove, minced
mixed dried herbs

1. Gently fry the onions, garlic and mushrooms until soft then remove from heat.
2. Fry the meat until cooked, then put all the ingredients in a large pan, add tomato puree and mix together add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Add the vegetable stock and simmer for about 10 minutes add enough gravy granules for desired thickness, then add sour cream or the crème fraiche.

4. Melt a little butter in a pan and add the corn flour then slowly add milk, stirring constantly, add 200grams of cheese stirring until melted.

5. In a lasagne dish layer meat mixture, pasta until no meat is left finish with a layer of cheese sauce and top with grated cheese and mixed herbs. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Servings: 6

Cheesy topped stuffed mushrooms
4 portobello mushrooms
lasagne mixture
Cheese sauce
cheese to top

1. Remove the stems from the mushrooms, stuff some of the mince mixture into each of the mushrooms.

2. Drizzle a little of the cheese sauce over the top, sprinkle each mushroom with grated cheese.

3. Grill or bake the mushrooms until the cheese is melting and bubbling.
Servings: 2






                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment