Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tortellini , mushrooms and bacon

You've got to love simple pasta dishes, if for no other reason than they are convenient and easy to make. Don't get me wrong I love cooking complicated and wonderful recipes, sometimes though ease is the name of the game! Pasta can be really tasty and because it goes with almost anything you can bung a bunch of stuff together and not worry to much about it. This recipe has all my favourite things in it.     
Bacon, mushrooms, leeks, cream and cheese, for sure this comes under another comfort food. I tend to drain off most of the fat from the bacon before I add anything more to the the pan, but not all because it adds to the flavour in my opinion, that's again my personal choice though, leave it all in or drain it all! Up to you entirely........
Goodness me, I hate this phrase but.............. Nom Nom!!!!!!


tortellini with mushrooms and bacon

500 grams tortellini
1 tbsp evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
1 leek, chopped
175 grams mushrooms
250 grams bacon strips, diced
300 ml heavy cream
Salt and black pepper to taste
grated cheese

1. Cook tortellini for 10-12 minutes, until tender.

2. Meanwhile, heat the oil, add bacon, cook over a high heat until crisp, add mushrooms and leeks, cook until tender.

3. Drain the tortellini and return to the pan, add the bacon and mushrooms, cream, salt and pepper to taste, Heat gently for 1-2 minutes to warm through. Serve with sprinkled cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment