Monday, January 23, 2012

School Chicken Curry



At school we had to take "Tech" which covered woodwork - boy was I bad at woodwork, Mr Cassidy would refer to me as "trouble" - mostly because if someone ended up with a drill in their thumb, due to forgetting to use the vice, it would be me, the kiddy hiding in the store cupboard, because of wanting to commit the ultimate school sin, of skiving off but not having the guts to actually do it - would be me, the student randomly sawing away at anything, was me!!! I really was very bad at woodwork..... We also did food Tech, which I did enjoy. We covered the basics of food and food hygiene, and made a few recipes, the only dish I really remember making though, other than toffee, was, ironically a stuffed bell pepper........ Ewwww icky, icky ick!!!! The point behind this tiny tale? I ended up somehow in possession of the text book we used (probably due to failure to hand it in) this curry came from that.. It's basic to make, not too hot and quite versitile, I've also made it with shrimp and lamb. 

Chicken Curry

500 grams chicken breast, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
2 onions coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp evoo
1 tbsp curry powder (more or less as you like)
250 ml vegetable stock
tomato purée
200 ml cream
salt and coarsely grounded pepper
rice to serve

1. Gently fry the onions and garlic, until soft add the chicken stirring until the chicken is browned.

2. Add tomato puree, curry powder, some of the stock and cream, salt and pepper to taste.

3. Simmer over a low heat until chicken is cooked through.

4. Serve with rice.

Servings: 4

I do sometimes I add vegetables to this, mushrooms and spinach in particular.




No comments:

Post a Comment