Monday, January 7, 2013

Blurgh To The Pork!

I am a self professed hater of pork, unless it's smoked, I used to be able to count the amount of times we had eaten pork on one hand. Although I have to be honest I have cooked with it a little more often, that said I still don't enjoy it, but I am looking for that perfect recipe! I think I have mentioned before my reason behind not eating pork. Germans eat a lot of pork, personally I just got sick of it - chops, schnitzel, joint, whatever... Unless it was smoked or cured. I am somewhat disinterested and I am sceptical as to whether I will ever be able to truly enjoy pork ever again. However as you can see I have not entirely ruled it out, I'm trying new pork recipes. I have found quite a few in my recipe books that I want to try. I'll blog when I get round to them eventually. In the meantime, these maple BBQ ribs were really quite nice.
BBQ RIBS WITH A MAPLE GLAZE

3 lbs Pork Spare Ribs
1 Small Onion, Finely Diced
1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Chilli Sauce
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Ground Mustard
1 Cup Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
1/8 Tsp Pepper

The original recipe also said to add 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (I'm allergic so didn't add it) and a Tbsp of sesame seeds, but I couldn't find any.

1. Cut the ribs into serving sized pieces, place the ribs with the bone, side down, in a shallow roasting pan with a rack. Bake for an hour at 350F/180C and drain any excess fluid.

2. In the meantime, in a saucepan combine all the remain ingredients, continuely stir over a medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.

3. Pour the sauce over your ribs and bake uncovered for a further 30-45 minutes or until the ribs are tender, basting every now and again.



No comments:

Post a Comment