Monday, January 28, 2013

Potato Salad

There are so many varients of this recipe you could easily write a book just on potato salad alone. This one is slightly different from the one I make, this one was passed on to me by my American Aunty. They are equally nice and I couldn't and wouldn't put a finger on which one I prefer.

Kathleen's Potato Salad

3 large baking potatoes
2 thinly sliced celery stalks
2 thinly sliced scallions (whites and a little green)
2/3 cup light sour cream
1 cup light mayonnaise
salt and pepper
fresh dill
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 hard boiled eggs (optional)

1. Boil the potatoes in their skins, once cooked through, peel whilst hot then drizzle with the rice wine vinegar.

2. Mix the light sour cream and the mayonnaise with salt and pepper, add the celery, scallions and dill (I'm not too keen so only add a little sprig or two) Once the potatoes are cooled chop into bite sized bits, then add the sour cream mixture, gently mix to coat the potatoes. I cut the boiled eggs in half and use to decorate the top of the salad as not everyone like egg in their potato salad.
Kathleen%27s%20Potato%20Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment