Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Karma Or Food?

People keep going on at me about karma, which often leaves me asking the following questions. What is karma? When is it going strike? And last but not least, how? I often wonder how things would be or how I would feel if my EX got his? I mean for more than half my life I have let him make me miserable. When will that stop, when will it be enough?


Am I paranoid when I believe that he does things on purpose to make me miserable, if I'm honest I would have to say no. He does it all too often for it to be ignorance on his part.... And therefore in the karma logic, eventually he should get his. I can't help but feel, that although, I sometimes wish he would come to an untimely rather painful and miserable end, that it makes me no better than him. Hate is such a nasty thing, it consumes your heart and any good, turning it into bitter and twisted-ness, certainly no good can come out of it.

So what's karma and do I really want him to get his? Probably not, in truth I just want to be left alone, I want to be able to live my lifethe way I want to live it. I don't want to feel as though I'm being spied on, or made to feel that choices I make are wrong or stupid, because he thinks they're wrong and stupid! I want to be able to journalise I my life on facebook, sharing ridculous notions, or the silly thing I did today, or the mischievous nonesence I got up to, without getting a telephone call asking why I did it.. Prime example was when I posted about wanting chickens, within five minutes of that post I got a phone call telling me that I was being stupid, why would you want chickens?


I do some silly, ridiculous, mischievous things at times simply because it makes me feel good to not conform, at 34 I should be able to do things, without being made to feel guilty.... Or having to apologise!


So what does all this have to do with a recipe..? Well aside from my many phobia's, obsessive compulsive personality disorder, bad knees, bad back and sudden and unexpected bouts of hysterical "drama" I am also a comfort eater, I don't go over board and eat until I burst, but a tasty treat when I'm feeling blue sure does perk me up a bit.



FRENCH TOAST WITH APPLE TOPPING


Apple Topping


1 medium sized apple, peeled and thinly sliced

1 Tbsp Brown Sugar

1/4 Tsp cinnamon

1 Tbsp butter (not margarine)


French Toast


1 egg

1/4 cup milk

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

4 Slices of bread (I prefer white in this recipe)

1 Tbsp butter

maple syrup to top


1. In a medium sized frying pan/skillet melt the butter and sauté the apple, with the brown sugar and cinnamon, until the apple is tender. I've found that the times vary every time I make this recipe, sometimes it happens quite quickly and other times it takes a little while.


2. In a shallow dish, (I have rectangular pyrex dishes which are perfect for this, they are only about an inch and a half deep) whisk the egg, milk and vanilla, now dip your bread in the egg mixture coating both sides in the mixture.


3. In a large frying pan/skillet, melt the butter, it should be a medium heat. Fry the bread on both sides until golden brown. Once cooked serve with the sautéed apple and plenty of maple syrup.


I also like to make American style pancakes (so much better than the British ones) and serve the same apple mixture over the top. It's all very yummy and perfect, pick me up food!

2 comments:

  1. Karma isn't hate...Karma is that in the end they get their just deserves or what goes around comes around. Yes, you may have to wait but not hate. For you, only good karma. Oh, and I love your comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I do really enjoy these, I used to have "eggy bread" as a savory snack or breakfast as a kid, but this sweet version is the best!

    ReplyDelete