Thursday, January 10, 2013

KFC?

Still on my quest for KFC style chicken the last one I tried country fried chicken was pretty darn close. This one isn't half bad either - the original recipe said to use two broiler/fryer chickens - I don't know what that is so as usual I used chicken breasts - two for two people and halved the rest of the ingredients and rather wastefully chucked away what I didn't use - I'm rubbish figuring out how much to use or not to use, but I do have an eye for judging approximately how much I'm using either in weight or tbsp for example - because that's a useful skill to have! (That's sarcasm by the way). This recipe is definitely worth trying - in the meantime I am going to continue with my endeavour to find that KFC - homemade recipe.


Oven Fried Chicken

1/2 cup Flour
1 envelopes cream of chicken soup mix
1 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
3/4 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup milk
2 Chicken breasts cut into chunks
1/4 cup melted butter

1. Line a baking tray with foil and lightly grease the foil; set aside for use later.

2. In a large zip up freezer bag combine all the dry ingredients, put the milk in a shallow dish, dip in the chicken and then put them in the bag a few bits at a time, shake to completely coat the chicken.

3. Place the chicken on the prepared baking tray and drizzle with the butter. Bake at 350F/180C for 30 mins or until the juices run clear. Check it before the 30 minutes is up, depending on the size of your chicken pieces they could be done sooner and there is nothing worse than over cooked tough/dried out chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment