Sunday, January 27, 2013

Crock Pot Lamb Stew

The lamb stew - hot pot thing I did was really good and then I started using my crock pot a little bit more. By this time we had moved into the huge house in Mclean (I'm going back abit now, my notebooks are a little mixed up, as I started both in the States my orginal plan a little different back then) although I had massive amounts of time on my hands I was totally enjoying my "free time" more. I didn't want to be spending hours and hours cleaning and then cooking. We lived in a beautiful house in a beautiful area and whilst cooking and being in the kitchen is a massive part of my life. Sometimes I would rather have been out at the creek with the dog or browsing through the books in barns and noble or Books-A-Million or taking a visit to Michaels for scrapbook bits. My hobbies are rife and a priority in my life, so much of who I am and what I loved got lost when I was with the father of my children, that now I can do what I want, with no one telling me what I can and can't do, I take full advantage of it, there is no way that I am ever going to let anything or anyone force me into loosing sight of myself again. On chore days and days where hosework needed to be done I would sometimes, not always put cooking on a back burner and opt for something a little less intense - which is why crockpotting is so great, toss in all the ingredients in the morning switch it on and Bob's your uncle a delicious meal without any faff and all day on my hands to do chores first thing and then a whole load of just me time.


Crockpot Lamb Stew

2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped

2 potatoes, peeled and chopped

1 medium onion, roughly chopped

1/4 cabbage

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 litre vegetable stock

1/4 lb of lamb chunks

1. Brown the lamb in a skillet, then place all the ingredients in the crockpot and leave on low for about 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment