Ooooh before you go here is the Thorntons website....http://www.thorntons.co.uk/
Chocolate Caramel Shortbread
50g caster sugar
175g plain flour
30ml/2tbsp golden syrup
175ml condensed milk
75g caster sugar
175g milk chocolate
1. To make the shortbread, beat together the margarine and sugar, until well blended, then stir in the flour and mix to a firm dough. Knead lightly with your hands until smooth.
2. Press the dough into the base of a greased, shallow cake tin. Using the palms of your hands and then the back of a spoon, level it out until smooth, bake in the oven at 180C/350F for 20-25 minutes until pale golden, take out of the oven and allow to cool.
3. Place all the ingredients for the caramel into a heavy based saucepan, and heat gently until the ingredients have melt, bring to a boil and using a wooden stir continuously for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture is a golden caramel colour and slightly thickened.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then pour over the top of the shortbread and allow to cool completely.
5. Melt the chocolate and spread it over the cooled caramel leave until set, then cut into slices using a sharp knife.