Monday, February 20, 2012


Beckey’s Lobster Cakes – Not to pretentious naming this after myself – Ahahaha – not one of my most inspirational moments – Oh well we are all entitled to a few dodgy moments in life – ok so I’ll be honest I have a few dodgy moments a day, but a day – life, what’s the difference? These are really good and I am very proud of them, inspired by store bought originally. I wrote down the ingredients, then put them altogether and made my own. A friend of mine used this recipe to make her own and said she loved them, the only criticism, if you can call it that was that it needed a few dashes of hot sauce to zing them up a bit, add it or don’t or split the mixture in half and add it to one half to see which you prefer… I would just like to say a big thank you to my friend for suggesting it….. :o)



Beckey's Lobster Cakes

1/2 lb flaked pollock
1/2 lb flaked lobster or snow crab
milk to cover pollock - to be retained
2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 large beaten eggs
3 slices of whole wheat bread - crumbed
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tsp tomato paste

1. In a frying pan or skillet, poach the pollock in the milk, bay leaves and fennel. Bring to a boil - reduce heat and simmer until fish starts to flake.

2. Flake the lobster, in a large bowl, mix the lobster, eggs, bread, garlic salt, lemon and tomato paste.

3. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F, remove the pollock from the pan, flake and add to the lobster mixture, sieve and retain the milk, add about a 1/4 cup to the lobster mixture, so you have a firm but moist consistency.

4. Make the patties to a desired size. Place on a greased baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn and bake for 10 more minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment