This recipe is really nice. It looks quite disgusting as you are making it, tyr hard when you are, not to think about your bowl evacuation – after a really long night on the booze! And you should be fine….
Seriously though despite the way it looks, it really is a simple supper, served with a side salad and hot garlic bread, it really is comfort on a plate.
Spaghetti Al Tonno
1 tsp garlic powder
250ml olive oil
60g parsley, roughly chopped
150g crème fraîche
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
Black olives and parsley to garnish
- In a large bowl, or food processor blend the tuna sardines, garlic powder, 225ml olive oil and the parsley into a smooth creamy mixture.
- Add the crème fraîche and mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti, with the rest of the olive oil, until just done.
- Drain the spaghetti, return to the pot and warm on a medium heat, add the butter and mix well, then add the tuna sauce.
- Serve with the olive and parsley garnish, with crispy bread.