Thursday, February 16, 2012

KFC? Not quite but almost!!!

If you like KFC – Kentucky Fried Chicken, then this is surly one for you. There’s not much that gets me truly excited these days. My husband does, when he sneaks up on me at work – that makes me beam instantly, and my heart goes pitty patt, but don’t tell him that, or if I can’t see him, but can hear him, that gives me butterflies – that excites me, because we’ve been together for five years, I haven’t become complacent, I don’t take him or us for granted, I look forward to 1630, because that’s when he picks me up from work, and I can’t wait to go home, shut the door and pretend nothing and nobody else exists, it’s perfect. The only other thing to get me excited is anything to do with my kitchen, cookbooks, utensils, gadgets – and any recipe I find that is really good or similar to something we have eaten in a restaurant, for example these… I only use chicken breast and we all know by now why, but if your just now joining the blog, I don’t do bones.. But it works well with drumsticks or wings if you prefer.
 Pan-Fried Chicken
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1tsp pepper
1tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp poultry seasoning
¼ cup milk
1 egg
2 Chicken breasts cut into chunks
1/3 cup evoo (extra virgin olive oil)

  1. In a large sealable freezer bag, mix the, flour, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and poultry seasoning. In a bowl beat the egg and milk. Add the chicken to the bag and give it a good shake to coat the chicken pieces, shake off any extra before, dipping in the milk and egg mixture, then put them back into the bag and shake again…. Let the chicken pieces stand for about 5 minutes.
     2.  In a large skillet, fry the chicken on a high heat until golden brown, then reduce the heat and carry on cooking for about 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment