Friday, January 10, 2014

Bacon and Egg Salad



I love this next recipe, it really is lovely served as a light supper or lunch (why I am using the word supper I have no idea? The words Supper and Tea drive me nuts) but it is also good as a side to almost any dish, I like to do it with a bbq. The hot dressing delicately wilts the salad leave and it goes really well with the eggs, also it’s a little bit naughty. Originally a Nigella recipe from ‘kitchen’ I have only altered this one a little bit, as there wasn’t really much reason to make too many alterations.




Bacon and Egg Salad


4 eggs
                              1 bag of your favourite mixed green salad (I like Iceberg and baby spinach)


1tsp garlic oil
200g Smoked bacon, chopped
1tsp Dijon mustard
4tsp cider vinegar
Dash Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried parsley  (I normally always used dried for practicality not flavour, fresh is best)
  1. Hard boil your eggs, I like mine to be just hard boiled so that the yolk is bright orange, maybe even slightly oozy still. While the eggs are cooking, tear the salad leave into bite sized pieces and put them into your salad bowl.
  2. In a small skillet, heat the garlic oil and cook the bacon until it is crispy.
  3. Once the eggs are hard boiled run them under cold water and peel off the shells. Using a slotted spoon transfer the bacon bits onto kitchen paper.
  4. Add the mustard to the bacon juices and mix together along with the vinegar, and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Pour your dressing over the salad leaves and toss to mix.
  5. Add the bacon bits and the parsley to the salad and mix again, quarter the eggs and add them to the salad gently mixing again.
     


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment