Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pancetta Wrapped Pork


This is another pork tenderloin recipe, it’s nice (don’t forget I hate pork) and I would cook it again but I preferred the other recipe with the apples. I suppose with everything it’s all about taste, I personally found the sage leaves somewhat bitter tasting, which wasn’t very pleasant. On the other hand I suspect if you were to caramelise really thinly sliced apples in butter and brown sugar until soft and then carefully lay the apples on the pancetta/bacon, in the same way as you would the sage, then pour the juices over the top and wrap it all up in the same way sealing in the apples and as much of the juices as possible, cooking it in the same way, I suspect that I would like it more than the sage. I normally love sage so I am not sure what it was about this that went wrong or I wasn’t keen on.
Pancetta Wrapped Pork
12 Pancetta Slices/Bacon
Salt and black pepper
12 small sage leaves
325g Pork Tenderloin
1tbsp Olive oil
  1. Preheat your oven to 180˚C/350˚F. Cover your chopping board with cling film, it needs to be as flat as possible. Place each one of you pancetta slices slightly over lapping onto the cling film and then sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and pepper, laying a sage leaf evenly along the centre. Place your pork onto the edge of the pancetta and using the cling film to aid you, roll the pork tightly into the pancetta, peeling back the cling film as you go.
     
  2. Take a piece of foil, large enough to wrap the pork, lightly oil the foil and season with a little more salt and pepper, carefully roll the pork in all the seasonings and then tightly wrap the foil around the pork, twisting the ends so it looks like a Christmas cracker.
     
  3. Put the meat in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, then remove the foil and turn up the heat to 200˚C/400˚F and put it back in the oven until the pancetta is crisp and the meat is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment