Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chocolate fudge cake pops


I’ve seen a few of my friends make these and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out how to make them, at least not without a recipe. I was completely in awe of this cake ball magic. I mean how do you get balls of cake? Nope try as I might I couldn’t work it out. Then when I saw the recipe in one of my books it all became so logical and clear, I have also since discovered that you can actually buy cake pans to do the job too! The light came on so to speak and I felt pretty stupid! They are fun to make, fiddly but not all that difficult and look really cool too, I really enjoyed making these. I melted some caramac bars and used them for coating but you could use any kind of cake coating you wanted, I have also used, white and milk chocolate. These are for sure a good one to make with the kiddy winkles, if you don’t mind the mess. The possibilities are endless though, I have seen some made to look like pirates, animals faces, characters from the Mario brothers, angry birds and minions…. And they are just a few ideas.


Chocolate Fudge Cake Balls

1 x Devil’s Food Cake mix

150g/5 ½ oz Chocolate fudge frosting

300g/11oz cake covering of choice

  1. Bake the devil’s food cake according to package directions. Allow to cool completely and then whizz in a food processor until it looks like breadcrumbs.
  2. Put 300g of the cake crumbs into a bowl and mix in the frosting, to a smooth, even consistency, then roll the mixture into walnut sized balls.
  3. Put the balls into the freezer for 30 minutes while you prep the rest. Melt the cake coverings according to package directions and then dip the balls into the coverings, work as fast as possible, using forks to turn the balls, until they are completely covered.
     
    Use any kind of cake mixture and frosting, and any coverings that will re-solidify once cooled. Have fun…..

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment