Saturday, January 11, 2014

Keema


This is one of those recipes where I had no choice but to change it significantly as far as the taste is concerned. I was unable to find some of the ingredients and I really don’t like coriander so I didn’t add that, unfortunately though coriander does have a very distinctive taste, so by not adding I am changing the whole taste of this recipe I suspect, however I will l never know because I won’t be using it!

Serves 2

Keema

2 portions of rice

250g turkey mince

2 spring onions, chopped

125g frozen peas

1tsp ground nut oil

2tbsp rice wine
parsley to sprinkle

For the sauce

2 tbsp red chilli paste

1tbsp honey

1tbsp rice wine

2tbsp soy sauce

  1. Cook the rice according to package directions. Mix together all of the sauce ingredients and then mix it together with the turkey and set to one side, blanch the peas.
  2. Heat the oil in a skillet and stir fry the peas and spring onions. Next add the turkey and it’s sauce, stir-fry until the turkey is cooked through.
  3. Mix the rice wine and 4tbsp of water, then add it to the pan and stir-fry until piping hot.
  4. Serve over the rice with a sprinkling of parsley.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment