Monday, January 13, 2014

Fudge


This recipe was a little moreish, I took the fudge with me into work and it was a hit with everyone that tried it. I did make one mistake and that was that I used normal granulated sugar instead of caster sugar so it didn’t go as smooth as I would have liked, it had a grainy texture to it instead of that smooth creamy texture…It’s easily rectified though next time. It was an easy recipe to follow and I will be making it again, it’s kind of cool that I can make my own sweet treat from now on.


Fudge

1 tin condensed milk

100g butter

450g caster sugar

1tsp vanilla extract

1. Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat, constantly stirring for about 10 minutes, until it reaches the soft ball stage. To test this put ½ tsp of the fudge mixture into a glass of cold water, it should be firm but malleable.

2. Take the fudge off the heat and stick the saucepan in a sink of cold water, about 2-3cm deep, stir the mixture until it cools down slightly – it should have a thick, matt appearance.

3. Line with baking paper  a square or rectangular baking tray and carefully pour in the fudge, smooth it out and let it cool, then cut it up into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment