Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bami Goreng Soup


Bami Goreng is a sautéed/stir fried, Indonesian noodle dish; it was a very popular dish in Germany and Holland. I used to eat these things called Bami’s quite often; they were these fish cake looking things, filled with Bami Goreng mixture, coated in bread crumbs and deep fried, they didn't have fish in them, just in case that needed clearing up – Yummy!! At the time I made this had decided that I was going to cook more recipes from my folders. I got as far as four before I got itchy feet and had to move onto my next book. This was a low in calories recipe and it was made around the same time I was on a diet, it was a tasty soup and I guess I felt better and healthier for all of 10 minutes. The soup is definitely, tasty and healthy, but only if you don’t dump junk in your body a little while later, which I have a habit of doing.

Bami-Goreng-Soup
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
2tsp sesame oil
600ml chicken stock
1/8tsp chilli flakes
200g chicken breast
50g thin Chinese egg noodles
Salt
250g carrots
200g sugar snap peas
1tbsp peanuts
2tbsp light soy sauce
1.       Heat the sesame oil in a large saucepan, and then gently fry the garlic. Add the stock and chilli, put the chicken in the stock and cook for 15 minutes on a low heat.

2.       Cook the egg noodle according to package directions. Wash peel and julienne the carrots, rinse the sugar snap peas and cut in half diagonally

3.       Put the carrots in the stock and cook for 5 minutes, after 3 minutes add the sugar snap peas for the remaining 2 minutes.

4.       Chop the peanuts into bits, remove the chicken and slice, place into bowls with the noodles – add some of the stock, season with salt, soy sauce and sprinkle with peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment