Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Chicken and blue cheese salad



One of my most favourite things to eat is a baby leafed green salad, and BBQ'd something, whether it be brats (the sausage kind, not the annoying child kind) burgers, fish or lamb. I'm not too fussed, but I love the contrast between hot freshly cooked barbequed meat and the cool salad. I get bored though of the same green leaf salad and salad dressing though, so I'll mix it up with chorizo, pomegranate, pinenuts, chickpeas, sun dried tomatoes even grapes or apples depending on what I have on hand at the time. This next recipe is lovely and definitely fills all the boxes I have just mentioned.

  Chicken and Blue Cheese Salad

1 bag mixed salad leaves
2 cooked chicken breasts thinly sliced
2 pears, peeled, cored and wedged
25g walnuts, roughly chopped
55g crumbled Roquefort
For the dressing
3tbsp red wine vinegar
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ tbsp. caster sugar
1tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and black pepper to taste

1.       Put all the ingredients for the dressing into a jar with a lid, seal and give it a good shake, test for seasoning and if needed give it a little extra salt and pepper.

2.       Mix all of your salad ingredients, not the cheese. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Divide the salad between the four bowls and then sprinkle with the blue cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment