Saturday, January 25, 2014

Chocolate Orange Cookies



I quite liked these cookies, I love the chocolate and orange combination – biscuits/cookies are my “sweet” weakness so all three together are a little slice of heaven for me. Trying to find recipes that will work for me is always quite difficult any dough like biscuits/cookies that require cut outs has always been a struggle for me as has pastry, this is because my hands are too warm. But slowly I am improving more successes than failures these days.


Chocolate Orange Cookies


1 cup softened butter


¾ cup divided sugar


1 egg


1tsp vanilla extract


2 ½ cups plain flour (all purpose)


½ tsp salt


¼ cup finely grated orange peel


1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


  1. Cream the butter and ½ cup sugar, in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, slowly add the flour and salt, mix to combine then put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
  2. Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the dough to about a ¼” thickness. Cut with cookie cutters, place them on ungreased baking sheets, about 2” apart, mix together the remaining sugar and orange peel and sprinkle over the cookies.
  3. Bake for about 15 minutes, just until the edges begin to brown, at 350˚F/180˚C cool on a wire rack, melt the chocolate and pipe on the cookies to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment