Saturday, January 25, 2014

Chocolate Oaty Treats


These, chocolate oaty treats are really moreish – I’m not really into sweet treats, they don’t do much for me to be honest, I try everything I make though obviously, normally only a little bite, I can hardly make other people eat something that I haven’t tried myself. I do however love biscuit, chocolate and oats, I can’t help myself. Cookies and cheesecakes are a favourite of mine. These though are top on my list of must haves.

Chocolate Oaty Treats

1cup plus 2tbsp (divided) softened butter

2 cups brown sugar

2 eggs

4tsp (divided) vanilla extract

3 cups quick cooking oats

2 ½ cups all purpose (plain) flour

1 ½ tsp salt (divided)

1tsp baking soda

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


  1. Cream the cup of butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, in a large mixing bowl. Next add the eggs and 2tsp vanilla extract, beating to combine. In another bowl mix together the oats, flour, salt and baking soda, then carefully stir it into the butter mixture. Prepare a 15”x10” baking tin, press 2/3 of the oat mixture into the tin.
  2. In a small saucepan, mix together the milk, chocolate chips and remaining butter and salt. Continuously stirring cook over a low heat until all the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat add the walnuts (if you are using) and the remaining vanilla extract, spread over the oaty base, sprinkling the remaining oat mixture over the top of the chocolate filling.
  3. Place in your oven and bake for 25 mins at 350˚F/180˚C, or until golden, allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment