Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sauteed Potatoes with blood sausage


This is the next one on my German recipe challenge, I liked it but although I enjoyed it, I found the texture of the blutwurst a little too stodgy for my liking; more accurately would be to say it turns to mush. It still tasted nice, so it wasn’t all a loss I suppose – in hind sight maybe I misunderstood the recipe and cooked the blutwurst too long or too much stirring perhaps. I’ll have to check that again! I am pretty certain that the mistake if there was one, was mine and not the recipe. This was the last German recipe I tried; the others that I did out of the folders were an Indonesian style soup, and a fish wrap. My German magazines have recipes from all over the world and over the years I have built up quite a nice little collection, one that I really should use more often.

Sautéed Potatoes with Blood Sausage
800g New potatoes, cooked in their skin (from the day before)
2 red onions
400g blutwurst/black pudding
2tbsp butter/1tbsp oil
1 tsp coriander seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
1 punnet of watercress
1.       Cut the potatoes into thick slices, the onions into thin slices and the blood sausage into 1cm slices.

2.       Put the butter and the oil into a large skillet and heat. Now add the potatoes, onion and coriander and cook for 5 minutes, stirring every now and then. Put the sausage in the pan and cook for another five minutes, until the potatoes are crispy, carefully turn the sausages so they don’t fall apart too much.

3.       Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the watercress

No comments:

Post a Comment